Covers electric motors in household equipment and appliances under 11 years old when they burnout or fuse. This includes things like the motor in your fridge, air conditioning unit or swimming pool pump.
Certificate of Currency
A Certificate of Currency provides confirmation of a current WA workers compensation policy and is valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue or until the policy expiry date, whichever occurs first.
You can request a Certificate of Currency online.
Many factors are taken into consideration by GIO when calculating workers compensation insurance premiums - amount of wages paid by the business, industry type, industry rates as set by WorkCover WA, number of employees & cost of previous workers compensation claims associated with the business. For information on how you could reduce your premium please refer to our Risk Management site.
- BPAY - You can organise BPAY by calling 1800 627 284 to access the biller code and customer reference number.
- Mail - You can mail your cheque or money order to: GIO Receipting, GPO Box 1453, Brisbane QLD 4001. Please make cheques/money orders payable to 'GIO' (include your policy number on the back of the cheque/money order).
Phone - You can ring 1800 627 284 to make a credit card payment with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- General Workers Compensation Credit Control Enquiries:
Phone: 1800 627 284
- For Broker EFT notifications and remittances only:
Fax: (07) 3135 3802
Renewing an Insurance Policy
GIO will send a renewal offer prior to the expiry date of your current GIO Workers Compensation Policy. This includes Estimated and Actual Wages Declaration forms together with a Renewal Quotation (based on the prior year's information) for the new policy term.
Please complete and submit your Estimated Wages Declaration form prior to policy renewal, and the Declaration of Actual Wages form within 30 days of the expiry date of your current GIO Workers Compensation Policy to GIO either by:
- Fax: 1300 666 356
- Mail: GIO Workers Compensation, GPO Box B50, Perth WA 6838
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org