Certificate of Currency
A Certificate of Currency provides confirmation of a current WA workers compensation policy and is valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue or until the policy expiry date, whichever occurs first.
You can request a Certificate of Currency online.
Many factors are taken into consideration by GIO when calculating workers compensation insurance premiums - amount of wages paid by the business, industry type, industry rates as set by WorkCover WA, number of employees & cost of previous workers compensation claims associated with the business. For information on how you could reduce your premium please refer to our Risk Management site.
- BPAY - You can organise BPAY by calling 1800 627 284 to access the biller code and customer reference number.
- Mail - You can mail your cheque or money order to: GIO Receipting, GPO Box 1453, Brisbane QLD 4001. Please make cheques/money orders payable to 'GIO' (include your policy number on the back of the cheque/money order).
Phone - You can ring 1800 627 284 to make a credit card payment with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- General Workers Compensation Credit Control Enquiries:
Phone: 1800 627 284
- For Broker EFT notifications and remittances only:
Fax: (07) 3135 3802
Renewing an Insurance Policy
GIO will send a renewal offer prior to the expiry date of your current GIO Workers Compensation Policy. This includes a Renewal Declaration form together with a Renewal Quotation (based on the prior year's information) for the new policy term.
Please complete and submit your Wages Declaration form to GIO within 30 days either by:
- Fax: 1300 666 356
- Mail: GIO Workers Compensation, GPO Box B50, Perth WA 6838
- Email: email@example.com
GIO will process your Wages Declaration within one business day of receipt.