Insurance for Tradies

Are you a tradesperson looking to protect your business? Or just looking for the insurance you need to get on site? Our flexible range of products designed for tradies can be tailored to suit your needs, so you know you’re covered. 

Get a quote   Call us

What is Tradies Insurance?

Tradies Insurance is specialist cover for electricians, tilers, plumbers, and many other trade occupations. GIO Mobile Business Protect can provide cover for the theft of specialist tools and equipment, as well as Public and Products liability cover for personal injury or damage to another person or their property.


Know which cover is right for you

Whether you’re a subcontractor or a business owner, we have options for you.

Do you employ staff?

Workers Compensation insurance is compulsory in Australia, although arrangements vary between states. For more information or to get a quote, head to our Workers Compensation Insurance page.


Reasons to choose GIO

Fast & easy claims

Fast and easy claims lodgement process.

Pay monthly

You can pay monthly to assist with your cash flow.

Over 90 years’ experience

GIO has been helping customers since 1927.

Over the phone support

Call 1800 036 837 for product and service support now.

GIO’s partnership with Qantas Business Rewards has now come to an end. Missing Qantas points?

Click here

Make Sure You Know

How much Public & Products Liability cover do I need?

There is no simple answer here, as each business is different and has different needs. What may be useful is to look at the following:

  • The contracts you work on. Some contracts will stipulate the minimum amount of cover required. For example, if your business is within a shopping centre, you may find that the contract stipulates a minimum of $20m cover is required.
  • The conditions of your licence (if applicable). As an example, electrical contractors are required to hold a minimum of $5 million public liability cover in order to obtain their licence in some states. 

GIO can offer limits of $5m, $10m, and $20m cover, which can be purchased online or via our Australian-based call centre on 1800 036 837.

What is the difference between Public Liability and Products Liability insurance cover?

Both Public and Products Liability provide coverage for any injury or property damage that might be caused as a result of your business activities. The difference is that Public Liability relates to injury or property damage whilst you’re on the job, and Products Liability relates to injury or damage caused by any products you distribute, supply or manufacture.

Start Now

After entering your details, our application will determine a range of covers that are available for your business. 

Looking for more detail? Information provided is general advice only and doesn’t take into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs. Conditions, exclusions and limits apply. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision about this insurance.

Speak to a GIO Business Insurance consultant on 13 10 10 (8am-7pm AEST/AEDT, Mon-Fri).

Our knowledgeable, Australian-based call centre team are passionate about Business Insurance. We’re ready to answer your questions about our products and services. We can also assist you with purchasing or renewing a policy, updating your details and more.