Duty of Care to Your Injured Employees
It is your responsibility to assist your injured worker with seeking first aid or medical treatment for their injury or illness.
The injured worker is entitled to nominate their own treating doctor or medical practitioner who will be responsible for a medical assessment of their injury, providing them with a medical certificate and medical treatment if required.
How to Lodge an Insurance Claim
To lodge a workers compensation claim you need to:
- Complete an Employers Report of Injury Form
- Obtain a completed Employee Claim Form from your injured worker
- Obtain a First Medical Certificate from your injured worker
- Obtain completed Statement of Witness, Recurrence of Injury Claim Form and/or Journey Claim Form if required.
Please provide the above forms and documentation to GIO within 5 working days from when the injured worker provided you with the signed and dated Employee Claim Form and first medical certificate. You can either:
- Email: email@example.com or
- Mail: GIO Workers Compensation, GPO Box B50, Perth WA 6838
- Fax: 1300 553 488 or
GIO will respond, in writing, within 14 days of the claim being lodged. We encourage you to maintain contact with your injured worker and GIO to ensure all parties work together to achieve a successful outcome.