CTP insurance claims
Need to claim or track an existing claim?
It's ok, that's why you have insurance, we're here to help.
When did your accident happen?
Frequently asked questions
CTP insurance provides limited cover for injuries sustained by the driver who causes a motor accident. Anyone injured in a motor accident, including the driver, may be entitled to claim up to $5,000 in cover using the Accident Notification Form (ANF).
The following are a few items to be aware of during your CTP claim:
- Under the guidelines set out by the CTP scheme, compensation for pain and suffering can only be made to injured people who have received a serious and permanent impairment. Naturally, any ongoing disability of this nature must be confirmed by medical specialists.
- Your claim will only go to court if we cannot agree on your settlement amount, if you are not satisfied with the outcomes from the SIRA dispute resolution process or if your claim has been denied.
- If you have appointed a solicitor, the solicitor then acts on your behalf in negotiations with us. It might then be considered unfair if we talk with you after you have engaged their services. Therefore in this situation, if you call us, we may only be able to give you limited information and we will refer you back to your solicitor.
- The choice of doctor is completely your own. Your own doctor might refer you on to other specialists - but the choice of whom you attend remains entirely yours.
- If we confirm our driver was at fault, you will be covered for all reasonable medical treatment for the injuries you received in the accident. According to your individual circumstances, you may also be covered for; loss of wages, care services, travel, and pain and suffering.
- Reasonable and necessary medical expenses are expenses related to your accident that have been recommended by your GP or medical specialist. Once we have confirmed that the vehicle we insure was at fault, we will pay these expenses for you.
- We will pay for chiropractic or Physiotherapy treatment if it has been recommended by your doctor. We might pay for other therapies, but you will need to consult with us. As is the case with any therapy you receive, your therapist has to provide us with a plan of the treatment they intend to provide. Please forward the referral for our consideration.
Your claim can be finalised when:
- your injuries have healed, or reached a stage where they have stabilised
- an appropriate treatment programme, if you need it, has been set out
- The impact the injuries have on you has been determined - for example the loss of wages.
How will customers be supported under the new scheme?
We’re still putting injured people first.
The NSW Government has introduced a new CTP Green Slip scheme to better support people injured on NSW roads. Shifting from a focus on lump-sum payouts to one that directs its energy towards rehabilitation of injured people means we can offer a more affordable and efficient CTP scheme to customers.
The new scheme is focused on early support and recovery. For the first time, injured people can receive weekly income payments if they need time off work.
For more information about the NSW CTP reform, please visit the State Insurance Regulatory Authority website.