Certificate of Currency
A Certificate of Currency provides confirmation of a current workers compensation policy and is valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue or until the policy expiry date, whichever occurs first. You can request a Certificate of Currency online.
Insurance Premium Payments
The following factors are taken into consideration by GIO when calculating workers compensation insurance premiums - amount of wages paid by the business, industry type, number of employees or cost of previous workers compensation claims associated with the business.
- BPAY - You can organise BPAY by calling 13 10 10 to access the biller code and customer reference number.
- Mail - You can mail your cheque or money order to: GIO W/Comp Credit Control, GPO Box 1453, Brisbane QLD 4001. Please make cheques/money orders payable to 'GIO' (include your policy number on the back of the cheque/money order).
- Phone - You can ring 13 10 10 to make a credit card payment with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- General Workers Compensation Credit Control Enquiries:
Phone:1800 627 284
- For Broker EFT notifications and remittances only:
Fax: (07) 3135 3802
Renewing an Insurance Policy
GIO will send a renewal offer prior to the expiry date of your current GIO Workers Compensation Policy. This offer will include Estimated and Actual Wages Declaration forms together with a Renewal Quotation (based on the prior year's information) for the new policy term.
Please complete and submit your Estimated Wages Declaration form prior to policy renewal, and the Declaration of Actual Wages form within 30 days of the expiry date of your current GIO Workers Compensation Policy to GIO either by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 1300 458 569
- Mail: GIO Workers Compensation, PO Box 52, Woden ACT 2606.