Certificate of Currency
A Certificate of Currency provides confirmation of a current workers compensation policy and is valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue or until the policy expiry date, whichever occurs first. You can request a Certificate of Currency online.
Insurance Premium Payments
The following factors are taken into consideration by GIO when calculating workers compensation insurance premiums - amount of wages paid by the business, industry type, number of employees or cost of previous workers compensation claims associated with the business.
- BPAY - You can organise BPAY by calling 1800 627 284 to access the biller code and customer reference number.
- Mail - You can mail your cheque or money order to: GIO W/Comp Credit Control, GPO Box 1453, Brisbane QLD 4001. Please make cheques/money orders payable to 'GIO' (include your policy number on the back of the cheque/money order).
- Phone - You can ring 1300 793 653 to make a credit card payment with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- General Workers Compensation Credit Control Enquiries:
Phone: 1800 627 284
- For Broker EFT notifications and remittances only:
Fax: (07) 3135 3802
For more details, please call GIO on 13 10 10 to speak with one of our specialists.
Renewing an Insurance Policy
GIO will send a renewal offer prior to the expiry date of your current GIO Workers Compensation Policy. This offer will include a Renewal Declaration form together with a Renewal Quotation (based on the prior year's information) for the new policy term.
Please refer to the Northern Territory Declaration of Salaries and Wages Form Guide for further information on how to complete your renewal declaration form.
Please complete and submit your Renewal Declaration form to GIO within 28 days either by:
- Phone: 13 10 10
- Fax: 1300 684 467
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: GIO Workers Compensation, GPO Box 377, Darwin, NT 0801 GIO will process your Renewal Declaration within 1 business day of receipt.