Certificate of Currency
A Certificate of Currency provides confirmation that the policyholder holds a current NSW Workers Compensation policy. When you insure or renew your Workers Compensation policy with GIO, we will automatically issue you with a Certificate of Currency that is valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue (or until the policy expiry date if you have a short-termed policy)
However at your next policy renewal icare Workers Insurance will renew the policy and issue a Certificate of Currency. You can request a Certificate of Currency for a current GIO policy online. If your policy has renewed with icare, please call 13 44 22 for a Certificate of Currency.
In accordance with the NSW Workers Compensation guidelines, a Certificate of Currency cannot be issued if your premium is overdue or if you have not declared your Actual Wages for over 12 months.
If you have any questions about obtaining a Certificate of Currency, please call us on 13 10 10.
Insurance Premium Payments
Each year, GIO will send you an invoice which will include your payment options for your workers insurance policy:
- Basic Premium between $1000 and $5000 - Quarterly instalments option
- Basic Premium greater than $5000 - Quarterly or monthly instalment option
Small employers can receive a 5% discount on premiums greater than the minimum of $175.00 if they pay their premium in full by the due date.
Medium/Large employers can receive a 3% discount on premiums greater than the minimum of $175.00 if they pay their premium in full by the due date.
From the 30th April 2017, premium payments for your next renewal will be made direct to icare workers insurance, however GIO will still make the final adjustments to your current policy period, which may require a payment.
We provide the following payment options for your workers compensation policy:
- BPAY - Your Biller Code and Reference Number can be located on your premium notice. You can organise BPAY through your participating financial institution.
- Credit Card - You can pay with either VISA or MasterCard by calling us on 1300 735 282. A transaction fee of 0.3% will apply.
- Mail - You can mail your cheque payment to us at:
GIO – Agent for the NSW WorkCover Scheme
GPO BOX 3915
Sydney NSW 2001
For payment to icare, please call 13 44 22 or pay online.
Calculating your Insurance Premium
In NSW, workers compensation insurance premiums are based on a number of factors - industry in which the employer operates, annual wages paid to employees & claims and wages costs over 3 years.
- Small employers; Your renewal premium will be advised when the renewal papers are sent out one month prior to the renewal date. Please complete the Declaration of Actual Wages Form so that we can determine adjustments to your last year’s premium. Small employers do not need to complete an estimated wages declaration.
- Medium/Large employers; Please complete the Declaration of Estimated Wages Form and Declaration of Actual Wages Form so that we can determine the premium payable.
- For detail on calculation formulas, please refer to the NSW WorkCover website and view the Insurance Premiums Order for the applicable policy term.
- Please refer to our Declaration of Wages Form Guide or the Premium Form Definitions for more details.
Agents of icare (like GIO) are required to conduct regular inspections of policy holders' wage records. Wage audits ensure that employers have provided us with correct information so we can calculate premiums accurately.
If you are selected for a wage audit, an independent auditing firm will be appointed to inspect your wage records and classifications for a maximum of 5 previous years. Please visit the icare workers insurance website for more details.
Renewing an Insurance Policy
icare Workers Insurance will manage your policy from the next renewal. They will send you a renewal pack 21 days prior to your policy expiry date.
We will also be sending you an adjustment pack to make the final adjustment to your current period of insurance. This will be sent to you 14 days prior to your policy expiry date which must be completed and returned to us within four months of commencement of the new policy period.
You can return your completed Declaration of Actual Wages form to us by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1300 666 346
GIO Workers Compensation, Policy Services
GPO Box 3915
Sydney NSW 2001
For more details, please call GIO on 13 10 10 to speak with one of our specialists.