GIO Workers Compensation Northern Territory

GIO has been helping employers understand their Workers Compensation Insurance since 1927.


Get an Online Quote

Get a quote and buy Workers Compensation online, or call us on 13 10 10.


Training & Support

We offer a comprehensive range of training courses and webinars designed to improve workplace health and safety.


Trusted Claims Specialists

GIO's claims experience supports your business and employees.


Workers Compensation Insurance for employers in the Northern Territory

Workers Compensation Insurance is compulsory for the majority of employers in Australia.

In the Northern Territory, employers must have insurance for anyone defined as a worker.

If an employee suffers a work-related injury or illness, this insurance may cover their related medical bills. It may also help cover wages if they’re unable to return to work.

What's covered

  • Your worker’s wages if they suffer a work-related injury or illness and are unable to work.
  • Medical expenses, treatment and rehabilitation costs.

Who's covered

All your workers. Generally includes anyone receiving a wage or commission payment - including casuals and temporary employees, apprentices, trainees and some contractors.

What is Workers Compensation insurance?

Workers Compensation Insurance covers most medical bills of your workers if they suffer a work-related injury and wages, if they are unable to work following the injury. It’s compulsory for most employers in Australia. From slips, trip and falls to muscle strains and injuries, Workers Compensation provides support for workers with a work-related injury.

People also ask

NT FAQ section

Your policy

How can we help?

How to make a Workers Compensation Insurance claim

As an employer, it’s your responsibility to help an injured worker seek first aid or medical treatment immediately for any work-related injury or illness. You’ll then need to complete some forms to lodge a claim.

Make a claim

How we cover your state

In Victoria, South Australia and Queensland, the state regulator provides Workers Compensation Insurance to em­ployers via WorkSafe Victoria, ReturnToWork SA and WorkCover Queensland.