The difference is in whether or not structures and items are attached or not attached to the physical building you are insuring. Home Insurance covers your home, garages, carports, outbuildings, gates and fences, along with any permanently attached fixtures like solar panels, walls, ceilings, and floor coverings for loss or damage caused by a range of insured events at your insured address.

Whereas, Contents Insurance covers only for the loss or damage to the contents in your home caused by insured events. ‘Contents’ are household items that you own or are responsible for and use primarily for domestic purposes. These include things like furniture, furnishings, clothing, unfixed electrical goods, and appliances.

Got a question?

Ask George, your GIO Virtual Assistant