GIO Social Media Guidelines
Thanks for visiting the GIO Social Media, run by AAI Limited (ABN 48 005 297 807) (“AAI”). AAI trading as GIO issues general insurance products.
GIO Social Media means GIO Facebook, GIO Twitter and GIO Instagram.
By using GIO Social Media you agree with our Online Terms & Conditions and to act in accordance with these House Rules.
GIO Social Media is intended to provide a place for fans to seek customer service and discuss our products and promotions. Where a response is required, we will respond to your comments on this page between the hours of 8:00 am and 9:00 pm from Monday to Sunday or between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm on National Public Holidays.
Your privacy is important to us. We collect and handle your personal information, including any social media posts or messages you send us, in accordance with our Online Terms & Privacy Statement. If we believe that your query requires us to identify you (for example, as our customer), we will let you know and your query will progress by private or direct messages, email or phone.
If you’re an existing customer with an GIO branded product, you may be receiving ads as part of GIO’s custom audience. To opt out, manage your marketing preferences & review the relevant GIO privacy statement here.
Posting content on our page
We want to be as helpful as possible, and encourage you to leave constructive comments, photos, videos and links here. You are responsible for the content you post on GIO Social Media and any consequences of posting. You must not post anything that is illegal, inappropriate or offensive, including the following:
- defamatory, offensive or violent content;
- disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track;
- trolling, spamming, and deliberately misleading posting;
- attacks on specific groups or content meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual;
- hateful or discriminatory content regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs;
- sexually explicit content or links;
- discussion of illegal activity;
- link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people's computers or mobile devices;
- acknowledgement of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure;
- commercial solicitations or promotion of a competitor;
- unreasonable or unauthorised disclosure of someone else's personal information;
- violations of another person’s copyright, moral rights or other intellectual property rights;
- content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information; and
- content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the forum.
The user content posted to this page does not represent our opinion or the opinion of the Suncorp Group of companies, and we reserve the right to edit, remove or require the removal of all content deemed inappropriate or contrary to these House Rules. If you think someone's post infringes your legal rights, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read our Online Terms & Conditions for full details of your obligations regarding content you post and how we handle the content you provide us through social media, including what we may do with it in future. If you aren't sure whether you should be providing content that involves someone else, you should first ask the person or company who may own that content or who is referred to in that content. If in any doubt we ask that you not upload that content to our social media.
Any Insurance Advertisement on GIO Social Media
We have not taken into account any of your personal circumstances or specific insurance needs, so you should always read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the GIO product you are interested in. You can read the PDS for the product you're interested in at the GIO Website or call 13 10 10 for a free copy. We only offer insurance in Australia.
Promotions we may run
From time to time we may run a competition on GIO Social Media. Where we do, the following conditions apply:
1. Refer to the competition post for details of how to enter, how the winner will be selected and what the prize is. The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s);
2. We may, in our absolute discretion, declare your entry invalid or disqualify you if you tamper with the entry process or otherwise act in a way that jeopardises the fairness of the competition.
3. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash, except at our discretion.
4. We will announce the winner(s) within the competition post and notify them by commenting on their winning post. Winners will be required to send us a private message with their contact details, so we can arrange provision of the prize.
5. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, we exclude all liability for any loss which is suffered or incurred in connection with the competition. We will not be responsible for any technical, communications or other errors in the course of conducting the competition, nor failure of safe delivery of a prize.
6. All of our decisions in relation to the competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. You completely release the relevant social media platforms from all liability in relation to the competition, and acknowledge that it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the relevant social media platforms.
Other times, we might tell you about a competition on our Facebook or Instagram page that has its own separate conditions. If so, they can be found in Notes on our Facebook page or the link in our Instagram biography.