Accidental Death Plan insurance claims
To lodge your claim, one of our friendly staff will be there to help take care of your nominated beneficiaries or your legal personal representative. Please have the policy number on hand and other details including date and cause of death.
Receive a claims pack
Within 24 hours of receiving the call, we will send a claims pack detailing what information we may need.
Here are some examples of what we may need:
- Claim forms to be completed by the claimant.
- A certified copy of the death certificate.
- A completed Medicare/Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme form.
- A certified copy of the deceased’s birth certificate and any change of name documents (e.g. marriage certificate). If you do not have the birth certificate please provide a certified copy of the deceased’s driver’s license or passport.
- A certified copy of the deceased’s Will to confirm the Executor of the Estate (if you are a nominated beneficiary under this policy, these are not required).
- A certified copy of the Grant of Probate or in the absence of a Will, certified copy Letters of Administration. (If you are a nominated beneficiary under this policy, these are not required).
- A certified copy of your proof of ID if you are the executor or the beneficiary under the policy (birth certificate, driver’s license or passport).
Track your insurance claim
We know you want your claim to be sorted as quickly as possible. Your dedicated claims advisor will keep you updated of your claim’s progress, however if you still have questions please call.
13 10 10
Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm AEST
The time a claim can take to be assessed, depends on the claim type, circumstances and how quickly you were able to get all of your required documents to us.
Your dedicated claims advisor will keep you updated of the progress and will assess your claim as quickly as possible.
When you make a claim
✓ We will assign you a case manager to explain the process in a simple and clear manner
✓ We recognise that your circumstances are unique and we will treat you as an individual to support you through the process
✓ We assess and pay claims that meet policy terms as quickly as possible
✓ We will keep you updated on the progress of your claim with regular transparent communication
Working with you
✓ We seek to understand and meet your needs to provide a caring, responsive, fair and honest service.
✓ We are open to new ideas and continuous improvement and appreciate your feedback
✓ The Health Benefits of Work are widely recognised so if you require assistance to return to work after an injury or illness we will assist you with this in full consultation with your treating practitioners.
✓ We strive to make a significant contribution in the wider community and to make a positive difference to the lives of those whom we can assist.
Our Claims Team
✓ We are real people who want to help you with your claim and we do care about your experience with us
✓ We believe our people make the difference at claim time – friendly, helpful and professional.
Reviewing our Decisions
There are times when a policy may not support the payment of a claim. Our promise to you is that updates will be provided right up until we make our decision. We do have a robust claims review process which ensures all claims decisions can be independently reviewed.
1. Includes customers of both AAI Limited and Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited which hold GIO branded products
GIO Accidental Death Insurance is issued by Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530 AFSL 229880 (SLSL), under the brand GIO, and is distributed by Suncorp Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 50 010 844 621, AFSL 229885 (SFS). AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 (AAI) trading as GIO does not provide any financial product advice in relation to GIO Accidental Death Insurance. Any advice in this information is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account any person’s objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for GIO Accidental Death Insurance before making any decisions about whether to acquire this product.