You will need to seek independent tax advice relating to your individual situation, however according to the ATO, ‘you can generally claim a deduction for most operating expenses in the same income year you incur them. Insurance premiums, including accident or disability, fire, burglary, professional indemnity, public risk, motor vehicle, loss of profits insurance, or workers’ compensation’ are included in the definition of operating expenses.