The amount of cover you may need will depend on the needs and lifestyle of your family, such as your current financial commitments e.g mortgage, your family's anticipated future needs e.g kids education, your super and any other investments.
Receive a lump sum payout if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness
- Select a cover amount between $100,000 and $1 million and receive it as a lump payout, if you pass away.
- If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness and your claim has been accepted, we will pay you your full benefit, helping you to arrange your financial affairs.
- Nominate up to 5 beneficiaries (eg. your spouse or children) to receive the payment under the policy to use as they please if you pass away.
- Your beneficiaries receive $10,000 usually within 24 hours of us receiving your death certificate and completed claim form, to help with immediate costs like your funeral.
Complete control over your cover
- Increase or decrease your level of cover each year, without the need for further health questions if certain events occur – like purchasing a home, or having a baby.
- 30 days from the start of the policy to cancel, at no cost, if you change your mind. Receive a full refund of premiums, as long as you haven't made a claim.
- Be assigned your own dedicated case manager to oversee your claim from the moment you or your beneficiaries call us through to when we pay out your claim.
- Payment will usually be made within 2 business days, once the claim has been accepted and processed.
We are trusted & established
- Established in 1927, we’ve been a trusted Australian insurer for almost 90 years.
We are here to help
- Speak to a real person in one of our Australian based call centres.
- If you are unable to work due to sickness or injury, for at least 90 days in a row, we will pay the cost of your GIO personal insurance policies (held in your and/or your partner’s name) for the following 12 months, up to a max of $2,000 over the life of your GIO Life Protect Policy.
- If you are unable to pay your Life Protect premiums, for example due to financial hardship, you can request your premium be paused for up to 3 months over the life of the policy. During the period that your premiums are paused, your GIO Life Protect policy will only cover you if you die as a result of an accident. Find out more about pausing
We reward loyalty
- We will refund 10% of the premiums you have paid every three years if you have continuously held your policy for the previous 3 years.
- You and an immediate family member can receive a 10% discount if they also purchase or already hold a GIO Life Protect policy
Quickly & easily buy online or over the phone
- No medical exams or doctors reports are required to apply.
- Application can be completed in less than 15 minutes by answering a few health and lifestyle questions
- Application is assessed instantly. Following receipt of your correct payment details and satisfaction of eligibility criteria, you will be covered straight away plus we guarantee to renew your policy every year until your 99th birthday unless cover ends earlier (even if your health changes)
- Fortnightly, monthly or annual premiums available to suit you.
If you can answer 'yes' to both of these questions you are able to apply
1. Are you aged 18-60 years?2. Are you a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand who currently resides in Australia?
1. Call Us
Call us on 13 10 10 as soon as possible after the event
2. Receive a claims pack
We will email, fax or post you a claims pack to be filled in and sent back with all requested information
Our claims team will keep you updated on the progress of your claim
Established since 1927
Trusted insurer for 90 years
Australian based call centres
We are here to help
Join 1.2 million Australians & New Zealanders1
Helping to look after the insurance needs of 1.2 million customers
1 Includes customers of both AAI Limited and Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited which hold GIO branded products
GIO Life Protect Insurance is issued by Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530 AFSL 229880 (SLSL), under the brand GIO, and is distributed by Suncorp Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 50 010 844 621, AFSL 229885 (SFS). AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 (AAI) trading as GIO does not provide any financial product advice in relation to GIO Life Protect Insurance. Any advice in this information is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account any person’s objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for GIO Life Protect Insurance before making any decisions about whether to acquire this product.
Suncorp supports and adheres to the Life Insurance Code of Practice (Code). The Code has been developed voluntarily by the Life Insurance industry through the Financial Services Council to promote high standards of service to consumers, provide a benchmark of consistency within the industry, and establish a framework for professional behaviour and responsibilities. Download the Code here. For more information contact the Financial Services Council on (02) 9299 3022 (local call cost), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fsc.org.au