GIO BOAT INSURANCE
Important things to know upfront
EXTRA SUPPORT (new section in your PDS)
Sometimes your circumstances might mean you need additional support or assistance in dealing with us. If you are comfortable, you can tell us about your situation, and we will work with you to arrange support.
Some new inclusions are:
- when your boat is attached to an unattended vehicle, keep that vehicle locked;
- do not behave in a way that is abusive, dangerous, hostile, improper or threatening when engaging with us and our service providers.
WHEN YOU NEED TO CONTACT US
Additional situations for when you must contact GIO have been included in the PDS. For example, you must tell us as soon as possible if:
- you or anyone likely to operate your boat has their licence cancelled, suspended, disqualified or restricted;
- you or anyone likely to operate your boat has been charged with or convicted of a criminal offence;
- you had another insurer cancel or decline an insurance policy, impose specific conditions on a policy or refuse a claim;
- you keep your boat at a mooring when not in use.
EXCESSES THAT APPLY TO YOUR CLAIM
You can now choose how to pay your excess, from the options we offer.