See our Cookie & Data Policy.
What do I do if I have a motorcycle accident?
Being involved in an accident can be a stressful experience, so we’ve created a step by step guide to help you know what to do.
- Firstly, make sure everyone is safe. In an emergency call 000 for police and ambulance assistance, for example if there's major damage, a person is injured or debris is blocking the road. You can also call 000 if anyone involved has failed to exchange details.
- Ensure you are in a safe location away from traffic. If possible, try to prevent further loss or damage by moving your motorcycle off the road and putting your hazard lights on.
- Record the following details:
- date, time and location of the accident
- registration number, full name, address, contact number and insurance details of any drivers involved
- name, address and phone number of any witnesses.
- Make a claim online as soon as possible, or call us on 13 14 46 with details of the accident. We can help arrange the towing of your motorcycle if required. We may provide cover for emergency repairs, up to $500.