What do I need to do if an injury occurs?
- Ensure that the worker immediately seeks first aid.
- Enter the details of the injury in your Register of Injuries. You are required by law to ensure you keep track of work-related injuries and illnesses and acknowledge this registration in writing to the worker.
- Report all new injuries to the GIO Workers Compensation immediately via phone 13 10 10 or fax 1300 733 677. You can also notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For serious incidents involving a fatality or serious injury or illness, you must notify the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) immediately on 13 10 50.
- We encourage you to maintain regular contact with your injured worker and GIO to ensure all parties work together to achieve a successful outcome.
Please refer to the guide What to do when an injury occurs for more details.