See our Cookie & Data Policy for more details.
What do I need to do if an injury occurs?
- Ensure that the worker immediately seeks first aid.
- For serious incidents involving a fatality or serious injury or illness, you must notify SafeWork NSW immediately on 13 10 50.
- Report all new injuries to GIO Workers Compensation within two days of the injury via phone 13 10 10 or fax 1300 733 677. You can also notify us via email at email@example.com.
- Enter the details of the injury in your Register of Injuries. You are required by law to ensure you keep track of work-related injuries and illnesses, and acknowledge this registration in writing to the worker
- We encourage you to maintain regular contact with your injured worker and GIO to ensure all parties work together to achieve a successful outcome.
Please refer to the guide 'What to do when an injury occurs' for more details.