There are a few reasons your belongings may be damaged or lost while they’re away from home for which we will cover you:

  • while they’re in transit within Australia, for example, during a relocation to your new permanent address 
  • while they’re in commercial storage 
  • or while they’ve been temporarily removed from your property for up 180 days.

If you’re referring to items that you normally carry with you when you’re away from home – such as your mobile phone, jewellery, camera, bike, or laptop – then these are referred to as ‘Portable Valuables’. Portable Valuables aren’t always automatically covered, but you can add optional cover to your policy for an extra premium.