If you have a light vehicle (i.e. vehicles with GVM less than 4.5 tonnes), you can choose to insure and register for either a 6 month or 12 month term. If you want a 6 month term, both the Green Slip and Registration need to be paid or completed within 21 days of the registration due date.

This is called the ‘Use-by’ date and is shown on the Green Slip. If the Green Slip ‘Use-by’ date has expired (i.e. exceeded 21 days), then you can only register for a 12-month period, unless there are ‘extenuating circumstances’ for us to accept the late payment.

If you have a 12 month policy already, you’ll need to contact us on 13 10 10 to change it to 6 months.

Learn more about CTP green slips