If you’re in an at-fault accident, the level of cover you’ll receive and whether you’ll be able to make a claim can depend on your level of insurance. Read your PDS for conditions and exclusions. Generally, if you have:

  • CTP Insurance, does not cover damage to your vehicle or the other driver’s vehicle. You may be covered for the costs of personal injury claims made against you by other drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, passengers or property owners involved in a motor vehicle accident. 
  • Third Party Property Damage Insurance, you may be covered for damage caused to another person’s vehicle or property, but will not cover damage to your vehicle.  If you’ve chosen Fire and Theft Cover as an optional extra, you may be covered if your car is stolen or damaged by attempted theft or fire. 
  • Comprehensive Car Insurance, you may be covered for any damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident, whether you’re at-fault or not. 

Cover my vary from insurer to insurer or from state to state. You can find more information on what is and isn’t covered in your PDS

Got a question?

Ask George, your GIO Virtual Assistant