See our Cookie & Data Policy.
GIO Funeral Insurance - $50 eftpos Gift Card Promotion Terms and Conditions
GIO Funeral Insurance Free Edge Loyalty Systems Pty Ltd $50 eftpos Gift Card Promotion ("Promotion") Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter the Promotion forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Customers who take up the offer are taken to agree to these Terms and Conditions. If a person does not agree he or she is required to expressly inform the Promoter and will be disqualified from this offer.
- The Promotion commences at 12.00 am AEST on 22 October 2014 and closes at closes at 11.59 pm AEST on 31 December 2016 (“Promotion Period”). The Promoter is Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530 AFSL 229880, (“Promoter”) of Level 28, 266 George Street Brisbane QLD 4000. The $50 eftpos Gift Card will be issued only for GIO Funeral Insurance products sold during the Promotion period and will not be issued in conjunction with any other GIO Funeral Insurance offer.
- Participation in the Promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who during the Promotion Period purchase an GIO Funeral Insurance policy from the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of each claim. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person for tampering with the claim process. Further, any contact details provided incorrectly over the internet or telephone may be deemed by the Promoter as an invalid claim.
- To be eligible for the Promotion, a customer must, during the Promotion Period, obtain a quote and purchase a new GIO Funeral Insurance policy from the promoter’s website www.gio.com.au, or by calling 1800 191 523, or through our Outbound telemarketing campaigns.
- For the claim to be valid, a customer must, purchase a new GIO Funeral Insurance policy and must retain their policy in-force for over 30 days and premiums must have been paid for this period.
- Once the policy has been in-force for over 30 days, the $50 eftpos Edge Loyalty Systems (ELS) Pty Ltd ABN 96 138 299 288,Gift Card will be posted to the recipient. ELS is the issuer of the $50 eftpos gift card provided. Delivery will take between 15 and 20 working days from the day after the policy has been in-force for 30 days. Only one ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card will be issued per GIO Funeral Insurance policy holder during the first 12 months of the policy,
- Only one (1) $50 eftpos ELS Gift Card will be awarded per policy per Suncorp Life & Superannuation Direct product. If an insurance policy has two (2) or more policy holders, the policy holder who is recorded as establishing the insurance policy will be awarded the ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card (‘Recipient’). If there are two (2) or more policy holders recorded as establishing the insurance policy, the first policy holder named on the policy schedule will be awarded the ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card (‘Recipient’). Should there be multiple cancellations after the 30 day cooling off period for policies taken out in different Suncorp Life & Superannuation Direct products, then the Promoter has the right to refuse the ELS $50 Gift Card offer.
- The ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If an ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the relevant recipient of the ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card (“Recipient”) is liable for payment of such tax. Terms and conditions apply to the ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card. For these and information on how to use the ELS $50 eftpos Gift Card, go to www.giftcardplanet.com.au or call 1300 079 267. eftpos Gift Cards are issued by Emerchants Payment Solutions Limited ABN 30 131 436 532, AFSL 404131.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the promoter's control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or
- any tax liability incurred.
GIO Funeral Insurance is issued by Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530 AFSL 229880 (SLSL), under the brand GIO, and is distributed by Suncorp Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 50 010 844 621, AFSL 229885 (SFS). AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 (AAI) trading as GIO does not provide any financial product advice in relation to GIO Funeral Insurance. Any advice in this information is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account any person’s objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document (PDS) for GIO Funeral Insurance before making any decisions about whether to acquire this product. GIO Funeral insurance is not a savings product and premiums increase with age. If you cancel your policy any premiums you have paid for your policy will not be refunded.