GIO Life is ready to help you
At GIO Life, we, the insurer and our life insurance teams continue to be ready to support you through this challenging time as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Our first priority is supporting our customers and to be paying claims and providing a full service to you.
If you are on claim and are ill with COVID-19, you are covered
There are no general exclusions for COVID-19 in any of our individual life insurance policies. If you are currently on claim, then you can be assured that you are fully covered for COVID-19, and continue to be paid in line with your policy terms and conditions.
If you are currently on claim, you will continue to be paid
Our claims payment and support process is the most important thing we do, here at GIO Life. Our GIO claims teams are operating well and continue to be ready to support you through this challenging time, and we do not anticipate any significant delays to claims payments. Your claim will continue to be paid while you continue to meet your policy terms and conditions.
If you need to lodge a new claim
Dealing with your claim as quickly as possible is a priority for us because we know it's important to you. When you make a claim with GIO Life, you only need to speak to one person – your claims manager. They will be there to let you know what’s needed for your claim as well as answer any questions you may have. All claims will continue to be assessed according to the terms and conditions of your specific policy.
To make a claim, get in touch:
GIO Life’s broader support for our customers making claims or already receiving claims benefits
To ensure our claims managers provide the best possible support to our customers, we have developed additional claims situations considering the ways in which COVID-19 might affect individual customers and their own circumstances. As an extension of this, GIO Life has established a dedicated team with experts from our Claims team to investigate alternative solutions for customers who may be experiencing difficulty meeting the information requirements of the claims process, while supporting claims managers with technical advice, including medical evidence requests.
Existing customers are fully covered for COVID-19
There are no general exclusions for COVID-19 in any of our GIO Life policies. If you are an existing customer of GIO Life you can be assured that you are fully covered for COVID-19 in line with your policy terms and conditions. This includes all doctors, nurses and health professionals.
If you want to increase your level of cover with GIO Life then we are here to help
If you wish to increase your insurance cover with GIO Life then please follow our normal policy increase application process. If during the policy increase application and assessment process it is established that you have recently travelled abroad, are showing symptoms of COVID-19, or are in a high risk group then you may be individually assessed, and modified terms may be offered for the additional insurance cover only. These matters would be identified and assessed through our normal assessment process. Any new modified terms that are applied would only apply to the additional insurance cover and would not be applied to the insurance cover you already have in place under your policy.
This information is current at 8 April 2020 and may be subject to change.
GIO Life Insurance products issued by Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530, AFSL 229880 (Asteron). Asteron is authorised to use the GIO brand. TAL Direct Pty Limited ABN 39 084 666 017 AFSL 243260 (TAL Direct) has been authorised under an arrangement with Asteron to enter into, vary or cancel insurance cover and manage, administer and settle claims on behalf of the insurer as if it were the insurer. TAL Direct and Asteron are part of the TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited ABN 97 150 070 483 (TAL) group of companies.
- References to ‘GIO Life’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’, in these FAQs are references to Asteron Life and Superannuation Limited (Asteron).
- This advice is general and has not taken into account your individual objectives, financial situation, or needs. You must consider whether this advice is right for you having regard to your individual personal circumstances. You may need financial advice from a qualified adviser. Before you make a decision to acquire or continue to hold an insurance product, you should carefully, and in detail, read the relevant PDS and the policy document (where applicable) for the terms, conditions and any exclusions that apply to that product to ensure that the product is suited to your own individual objectives, financial situation and needs.
- The information in this FAQ is not, and is not intended to be used as, personal financial advice, legal advice or medical advice for any of the questions covered, nor is it a substitute for any independent professional advice.
- The information is not intended to influence or encourage you to acquire or hold (or not to acquire or hold) GIO Life insurance product or to encourage or discourage you from making a claim under your current GIO Life insurance policy with your insurer.
- This information must be read in conjunction with the relevant policy document, product disclosure statement and/or any policy schedule (including any relevant terms, conditions, exclusions and waiting periods contained in these documents).