See our Cookie & Data Policy.
AAI Limited ‘SAY GOODBYE TO PAPER COMPETITION’ CONDITIONS
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who:
a. are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry;
b. are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition; and
c. are not a non-personal entity (Business)
4. Competition entry commences at 00:00 am on 3 July 2018 and closes at 11:59:59 pm on 24 June 2019 ("Promotion Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
a. hold an existing Eligible Policy or take out a new Eligible Policy by the end of the relevant Entry Period, and hold that same Eligible Policy through to the relevant Prize Draw Date for that Entry Period;
i. an “Eligible Policy” is one of the following Suncorp, AAMI, GIO or Apia branded policies:
1. Home Building;
2. Combined Home Building and Contents;
9. Motorhome; or
ii. For the avoidance of doubt, CTP policies, Travel, Health, Business and Commercial policies are not Eligible Policies for the purpose of the Competition, a combined home and contents policy constitutes one (1) Eligible Policy and one (1) entry subject to condition 9.
b. during the relevant Entry Period, select electronic notice delivery ("END") for their Eligible Policy by way of one (1) of the following methods:
i. visiting the relevant Portal for that Eligible Policy’s Brand;
ii. via the Suncorp App (if available for that Eligible Policy);
iii. via the relevant END Webform for that Eligible Policy’s Brand (see condition 6);
iv. during the online purchase of an Eligible Policy; or
v. calling the relevant Call Centre (see condition 6).
An Eligible Entrant will receive one (1) automatic entry in the relevant Prize Draw for each Eligible Policy switched to END that satisfies this condition 5.
7. If the Eligible Policy is cancelled, it lapses, or the selection of electronic notice delivery is changed to paper or otherwise at any time before the relevant Prize Draw Date for that Entry Period, the Eligible Entrant will forfeit their entry into the Competition.
8. In these terms, if an Eligible Policy is referred to as:
a. Suncorp branded, it must be issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance (“Suncorp Insurance”);
b. AAMI branded, it must be issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as AAMI (“AAMI”);
c. GIO branded, it must be issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO (“GIO”); and
d. Apia branded, it must have been distributed by Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Pty Ltd (“Apia”) ABN 14 099 650 996 as an authorised representative of the product issuer AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807.
9. Limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Policy switched to END during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt:
a. if an Eligible Policy is held in joint names, the entry will be deemed to have been entered by the first person named on the policy schedule of the Eligible Policy;
b. if an Eligible Entrant has already received an entry for an Eligible Policy in an earlier Entry Period set out in condition 16, they cannot enter again with that same policy even if they switch to paper notifications and take steps to re-satisfy condition 5 after that earlier Entry Period ends.
10. Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition who wishes to not participate in the Competition can email DigitalExperienceProgram@suncorp.com.au and request for their entry to be removed from the draw.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, existing policyholders who hold an Eligible Policy and have already selected electronic notice delivery before the Promotion Period will not be able to enter.
12. Any entries in accordance with condition 5 must be received during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5. have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
13. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
15. All valid entries received during the Promotion Period, which satisfy the Competition terms, will be allocated to the relevant entry period as per clause 16 below (“Entry Period”) and will be entered into the random prize draw for the relevant Entry Period (“Prize Draw”).
16. There will be 4 separate Prize Draws conducted, one (1) for each Entry Period, as follows:
17. Non-winning entries from an earlier Entry Period will not be carried forward into the next Entry Period.
18. All random electronic Prize Draws will take place at 12 noon Melbourne time at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, Victoria (“Draw Location”).
The Promoter may draw reserve entries in a Prize Draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance with these Competition terms (“Reserve Entries”).
19. There are twenty (20) Prizes to be won, five (5) in each Prize Draw. The first five (5) valid entries randomly drawn in each Prize Draw will each win a prize (each referred to as a “Prize Winner”).
20. Each of the twenty (20) Prizes will consist of $5,000 AUD. Prize money will be awarded, at the absolute discretion of the promoter, to one (1) Suncorp Benefits e-wallet account nominated by, and in the name of, the Prize Winner. If the winner is not a Suncorp Benefits member they will be invited to join, should the winner not wish to do so the prize will be awarded by cheque.
21. A prize must be taken in accordance with the instructions to claim a prize, when offered, or the prize will be forfeited.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
22. Eligible Entrants may win a limit of one (1) prize in the Promotion (excluding residents of South Australia).
23. The total prize pool is valued at up to $100,000 AUD including GST as at 16 April 2018.
24. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to taxes, insurance, spending money and any other ancillary costs.
25. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of a prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
26. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
27. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
28. The Prize Winners will be notified within 2 days of the relevant draw via email and phone, using the details provided in their Eligible Policy. The Promoter is not responsible for any undelivered emails due to an entrant’s spam filters or email settings.
29. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize and those instructions must be complied with for the winner to claim a prize. Terms and instructions may include but not be limited to:
a. written confirmation from the Prize Winner, and returned to the Promotor, agreeing to be subject to the Competition Terms;
b. a date by which the Prize Winner must accept the prize;
c. instructions for the winner to join Suncorp Benefits will be provided, if applicable.
30. Prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion being met.
The name of the Prize Winners and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper following each Prize Draw, as follows:
Entry Period 1
Entry Period 2
Entry Period 3
Entry Period 4
31. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner within three (3) months of the relevant Prize Draw; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant from the Reserve Entries drawn under paragraph 18. If there are no available Reserve Entries, a random electronic re-draw will be conducted from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants from the original Prize Draw and will take place at 12 noon Melbourne time three (3) months from the relevant Prize Draw (9/01/2019, 8/04/2019, 9/07/2019 or 26/09/2019, as the case may be) at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian Newspaper within twenty-eight (28) days of the re-draw.Any re-draw prize winner(s) will be notified within two (2) days of the re-draw via email using the details provided in their entry.
32. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
33. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
34. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
35. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
36. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
37. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of a prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
38. The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
39. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence and/or postcode to The Australian newspaper for publication. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
41. Authorized under Permit Numbers: ACT TP 18/01025, NSW LTPS/18/25500 & SA T18/946.