It’s recommended that you have a written periodic rental tenancy agreement, or evidence of a contract being in place with your tenant, if you wish to be able to lodge a claim for loss of rent by tenant default. If you lodge a claim but can’t present this evidence, we will review the information you have provided and confirm coverage.