While home insurance and landlord insurance may sound like the same thing, they are classed differently because, as a landlord, you receive an income through rent. While both types of insurance cover damage to the building, your home insurance may not cover you if the property is let out to tenants. You should consult your PDS to confirm that you know exactly what you’re covered for. Please contact us if you’re unsure.