Lodging a NSW CTP claim
If you are injured in an accident in Australia, caused by a driver whose car is registered in NSW, you can claim against their CTP (Green Slip) insurance.
- Report the accident to the Police
- Identify the vehicle at fault
- Find out the Green Slip insurer of the vehicle at fault
- Obtain a claim form from that insurer, or print out Motor Accident Personal Injury Claim Form and forward on to at fault driver’'s insurance company
- Lodge the claim (please see above forms)
When a claim form arrives at our office, we lodge a claim, give it a claim number, and assign it to one of our specialised Claims advisors who will look after your claim. Their name and direct phone number will be on the letter that comes with the information folder provided to CTP claimants. Our claims staff are encouraged to maintain open communication with you at all times. They can answer any questions you have about your claim - please feel free to contact them.
With all claims, we need to make sure that it was the vehicle our company insures that caused the accident and that your injuries or any economic loss were caused as a result of this same accident. We ordinarily need to collect information from you, the person we insure, any witnesses, your employer, your doctor(s) and the Police. Sometimes accident circumstances are not very straight forward and collecting all of this information can take time.