I don’t want to sound paranoid, but we’re planning a short holiday and I’m quietly terrified of leaving my business unattended while we’re away. I mean people will know we’re closed. What can we do to make sure the place is safe?
There are a lot of simple tactics that should see your premises through your holiday and give you peace of mind.
- Ask a friend/employee/neighbour to visit your premises regularly, collect mail and make sure they’re seen.
- Alert your security company to exactly when you’re away.
- Make sure all windows and doors a firmly locked.
- Turn off electricals you won’t be using and
- Minimise the cash held on the premises. Finally, enjoy your break!
GIO Business Insurance has some burglary tips for your business.