Buying an investment property is a big financial step, and it’s important to protect it.
GIO makes it easy with our Landlord Insurance, designed to give property investors and landlords peace of mind that their asset and rental income is better protected.
Our landlord insurance provides:
- Rental income protection if your tenant defaults on
their rent limits and conditions apply to this cover).
Please read the PDS for Landlord Insurance.
- Cover for loss or damage as a result of storm, flood1,
fire, vandalism and malicious damage by tenants or
their guests, theft by tenants or their guests.
For a full list, read the PDS.
- Added protection to include contents on common
property (up to $1,000), such as damage to gardens
and plants, and damage to the home/contents
from physical injury or incident.
- Up to 25% extra protection – if the costs to rebuild your
damaged home exceed your sum insured – with our
Safety Net Home Protection.
1Actions or movement of the sea, high tides and leaks from showers are not covered.
GIO's Landlord Insurance also provides added benefits such as:
- New for old replacement, regardless of the age of the house
or its contents
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs that we authorise and arrange
- Choice of one annual payment or Pay by the Month
(it costs more to pay by the month)
- 24 hour claims service
- Up to $20 million legal liability cover
Pick and choose from GIO's optional extras. Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to get cover for:
- Accidental loss or damage at home
- Motor burnout cover
- Strata title mortgage protection
Ways to save
GIO is committed to giving you the best deal on our landlord insurance. We offer a great range of discounts, such as:
- Get a 20% discount if you get a quote and buy online before August 14.
- Installing extra security may reduce your premium.
- Reduce your premium by increasing your excess.
- A 10% multi-policy discount if you hold 3 or more eligible policies with GIO.
Find out full details here.
Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO. Please read the Landlord Insurance Product Disclosure Statement before making any decision regarding this product. Contact us for a copy. The features and benefits described on this page and in our Landlord Insurance Product Disclosure Statement apply to new customers from 3rd September 2013 and existing customers on renewal from 13th October 2013.