CTP Green Slip NSW
Compulsory Third Party Insurance
Faster, easier NSW Green Slips are here
On the 23rd of March 2015 a new, faster process for collecting your personal details and vehicle
information will be introduced, for the purchase of a Green Slip.
What is changing
To buy a new Green Slip you simply need to provide us with two (2) pieces of information to help us identify you and your vehicle. These details are located on your RMS registration papers.
We use this information to retrieve your registration details from RMS, saving you time and ensuring that the correct CTP premium is calculated, providing the information
What are the benefits of the changes?
The changes have been made to benefit you in two ways:
Faster vehicle registration
- Reduced information required to purchase a new Green Slip
- Immediate transfer of CTP details to RMS including new registrations that currently require a hard copy CTP receipt to be presented
Correct premium guaranteed
- Your premium will take into account your registration details retrieved from RMS
What does this
mean for you?
- You will need the listed information to buy a CTP Green Slip policy, however if you don’t have it we can provide you with a quote.
- You need to make sure the details listed with RMS are correct.
Contact RMS to make
any changes on 13 33 13 before arranging/paying your CTP Green Slip.
- You no longer need to provide RMS with a hardcopy of your CTP Green Slip. Confirmation is sent electronically to RMS immediately on receipt of payment.
Please see our FAQs section for more information relating to these changes.
What information will you have to provide?
If you are purchasing a new Green Slip to renew your vehicle registration, you can simply
provide us with:
- Your Billing Number and
- Your plate Number
Don't have your registration papers handy or
starting a new registration?
No problem. You can instead provide us with:
- Your Plate Number (registration renewal), or VIN or Chassis number (new registration), and
- Your NSW Driver or Rider Licence number, RMS Customer Number or NSW Photocard Number
Note: Other combinations of identifiers can be used. See our FAQs for more details
Insurance issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO.
* ACT CTPI - Offer applies to ACT CTPI taken out by 01/03/2015 on passenger vehicles, utes and vans with GVM 4.5t and motorcycles >300cc. 12 month registrations only. Must qualify as a GIO good driver and register at gio.com.au/ctpi by 01/03/2015 to claim $50 back. Card will be mailed to you in 4 to 6 weeks from CTPI renewal date. Gift Card Planet eftpos Gift Cards are issued by Emerchants Payment Solutions Limited ABN 30 131 436 532, AFSL 404131.
^ Cover provides specific serious injury benefits to eligible drivers. Available on passenger vehicles, utes and vans with GVM <4.5t only. Drivers under 25 are not eligible unless the vehicle is comprehensively insured with GIO. For full details and before making any decision regarding these products read the relevant Policy terms and conditions at www.gio.com.au.