What’s in it for you?
GIO’s Commercial Motor Vehicle insurance policy provides insurance for trucks up to 5 tonne carrying capacity. For certain occupations we also offer insurance for trucks with a carrying capacity of of up to 10 tonne carrying capacity, trailers with a carrying capacity greater than 2 tonne as well as insurance on some mobile plant and earthmoving equipment. Our insurance can protect your truck against theft or accident anywhere in Australia.
- Different levels of cover
- Choice of repairer
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs we authorise
- Fast and easy claims lodgement process
- You can pay monthly to assist with your cash flow
Read the policy document here
Covers Available for your Truck
Our GIO Commercial Motor Insurance policy offers two different types of cover to insure your trucks:
- Comprehensive; and
- Legal Liability
Comprehensive insurance covers:
- theft, loss or damage to your truck caused by an insured event;
- your legal liability for damage caused to another person’s vehicle or property and legal costs up to $30 million;
- new vehicle replacement after total loss of certain vehicles of not more than 2 tonne carry capacity for events occurring within two years of the date of the vehicle’s original registration;
- use of a hire vehicle, for up to 30 days or a specified dollar limit, after your truck is stolen and either not found or if found but not driveable; and
- lease payout – we will pay the difference (up to a specified amount) when the amount owed under a lease or a hire purchase agreement is greater than the market value of the truck if it was a total loss.
Legal Liability insurance covers:
- your legal liability for damage caused to another person’s vehicle or property and legal costs up to $30 million; and
- damage caused by uninsured drivers up to the lesser of $5,000 or the market value of your truck.