Business Insurance for Tradespeople

Business Insurance for Tradespeople

What’s in it for you?

We understand that as a tradesman, your business takes you and your tools from site to site. GIO offers Australia wide cover to help protect tradesmen from liability claims, cover for theft of your tools or equipment & for personal accidents or illness. Consider protecting your business with business insurance today. GIO offers:

  • Cover for theft of all tradie tools and equipment anywhere in Australia.
  • Cover for personal accidents or illness Australia wide cover to protect tradesmen from liability claims
  • Australia wide cover to protect tradesmen from liability claims
  • Different range of insurance covers you can choose to suit your business needs
  • Fast and easy claims lodgement process
  • You can pay monthly to assist with your cash flow


Businesses we insure include

Builders (Residential)
Landscape Gardener
Lawn Mowing
Mobile Mechanic
Plumber / Gasfitter

We cover many more trades.

Insurance Overview

The following is a summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all cover sections.

Read the relevant PDS and Policy Wording for full details.

Public and Products Liability  Cover for your legal liability for personal injury or damage to third party property and advertising liability caused by an occurrence connected with your business. Find out more about Public Liability Insurance.
Property Damage Cover for your building, business contents, stock and specified items for events such as fire, storm (excluding flood), impact, lightning, explosion and earthquake. Also included is the cost of removing debris, and rewriting of records.
Theft Cover for theft of your contents, specified items and stock. Cover is not provided for theft of contents in the open air.
Money Covers loss of money at your business premises during and outside of business hours. Cover is also provided for money lost during transit, whilst in a safe or strongroom or in custody at a residential premises. The policy does not cover loss of money due to accounting or clerical errors or theft by staff.
Glass Covers loss or damage to glass that you own or for which you are legally responsible at your business premises, the cost of temporary shuttering, replacement of sign writing, cost of replacing any window tinting film and the cost value of stock and contents spoiled by the broken glass.
Portable and Valuable Items Cover for portable and valuable items such as mobile phones, laptop computers and tools of trade that you usually carry around with you in the course of your business. Cover is provided for accidental loss or damage to portable and valuable items worldwide. Cover limit of up to $2,500 applies per item unless the item has been specified for a higher value.
Business Interruption Provides cover for reduction in turnover or revenue if your business is interrupted due to an insured event such as fire, burglary or storm damage. Reasonable claims preparation costs and increased cost of working are included as extra covers.
Tax Probe Covers you for professional fees (such as accounting fees) associated with a tax audit or investigation of your business’s tax affairs by the ATO or Government agency. Tax probe cover provided depends on whether you select Business Audit only, Business and Directors Audit or Individual cover.
Commercial Motor

Commercial motor vehicle insurance offers three types of cover:

  • Comprehensive: provides cover for your vehicle as well as third party property damage
  • Legal liability, fire and theft: provides cover for your vehicle for fire and theft only and cover for third party property damage
  • Legal liability only: provides cover for third party property damage only.
Equipment Breakdown
(not available online)
Covers the cost of repairing or replacing your insured equipment due to a breakdown at your business premises. Covers is also provided for any direct loss or damage to insured property as a result of the breakdown. Deterioration of stock, Restoration of computer data and Increased costs of working are Optional covers available for an additional premium.
Personal Accident & Illness
(not available online)

Business insurance not only can help provide cover for damage to physical assets, but can also offer Personal Accident & Illness cover to business owners and staff. There are 2 types of covers:

  • Accident only
  • Accident & Illness
Goods in Transit
(not available online)

Provides cover for loss or damage caused to goods you sell, buy or use in your business when they are in transit. There are 2 types of covers:

  • Specified perils: includes fire and collision
  • Accidental damage: includes specified perils and accidental loss or damage
Management Liability
(not available online)
Covers the management liability of you, your directors, officers and employees. Optional cover for Employee Dishonesty is also available for an additional premium.

Get a Business Insurance quote today

Contact us today

If your business is small to medium sized,

contact us right now to discuss your insurance needs.

Request a quote


Call 1800 036 837

Contact an Advisor

If you have a larger business with more complex

insurance needs, contact your local business

insurance specialist to discuss your insurance needs.

Find out more
Important Information

Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO. Consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording before making any decision about this insurance. This advice has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs, so you should consider whether it is appropriate for you before acting on it.